Week of 8/13/12-8/17/12

We had a very gradual start this week. I started the week off thinking I may not start until after Labor Day since our third grade Math workbook had not yet arrived, but was pleasantly surprised on Tuesday when it came after all. We have been slowly ramping up to a regular academic day one subject at a time.

So far we have looked through our books. Elinor has her very own Science book this year and that makes her very excited! This is the first year that I have separate subject notebooks for Mara to keep her work organized in. Last year she went through 2 notebooks, but over the summer she has been doing a lot of independent and creative writing, so I think a notebook for each is a step in the right direction.

We have started Spelling. This year we've moved to 15 spelling words a week. Same curriculum that we've always used so no big change there.

Writing with Ease for Writing and Grammar looks to be a great program. It take a little more directing from me to get through each lesson plan, but that's ok. I think it will still work well for us.

Abeka Math 3 is taking a little getting used to. It's is requiring a bit more prep work on my side than we I've been used to in the past, but I'd like to give it a fair chance before thinking about making a switch in the middle of a school year...

Now that we've got our computer station set up again, I will have to see about posting some pictures!

Comments

Popular Posts