A glimpse of our agenda.

A glimpse of our current schedule for homeschooling a 9 yo and a 5yo (3yo is our tag along!). This is our 5th year homeschooling and each year I've tried different ways of staying on top of our short term and long term goals. I've used homeschool planners, detailed and journal style notebooks. They've worked for the most part with varying levels of success.

This year a simple numbers (or excel) table has helped me to keep track of where we are week to week according to our goals for the year. I have made a couple adjustments along the way, but for the most part, this keeps it simple. I grey out the subjects covered each week and use pink to show what is current.

Anyone familiar with Charlotte Mason and The Well Trained Mind will see I've blended them together to make them our own. By the way, we are absolutely loving Ambleside's Plutarch offerings this year. Each week the lessons turn into wonderful humanitarian discussions.

Keeping a running list of topics to cover weekly allows for more wiggle room for days when life sometimes gets in the way. Speaking of life, we're off to the craft store to pick up some supplies for Halloween costumes for my little piranha, butterfly princess and witch! Daddy and Mama are getting in on the fun this year as a beehive and some kind of spooky deer spirit.

Comments

Popular Posts