A Long Winter's Nap

Two-thousand twenty (Can we even say that word? I feel like it's the equivalent of saying "Voldemort") has been a wild and crazy year, and not necessarily in the best of ways.  It should come as no surprise that, along with many, we too find ourselves in some sort of strange cosmic tilt.  However, I still feel like I should preface a slurry of new posts with, at the very least, a brief note, even if only for myself. You know, since we sort of dropped out of the homeschool face of the planet. Well, we're back!



In 2015, without going into too much detail, our family found ourselves in a place where I simply could not keep up with the demands of my home-based business and continue to homeschool. I felt a strong call to focus on my craft and service to our community and made the decision to send our girls to traditional public and private schools. Hard to believe that was nearly five years ago, almost to the day.



Anyway, here we are, rediscovering what home education has to offer once more, this time with a 9 yo,  11 yo, and 15-year-old. Full disclosure: my 15 yo is in APEX which is still part of our local public high school, which allows her to study at home while continuing to participate in athletics, Honors, IB, and other awesome programs offered in our district. Our other two are true homeschoolers with our own catered curriculum.



While I know it's not true, it's also a little funny that I feel like we're simply picking back up where we left off. We are using much of the same curriculum that we have in the past, though the two little ones are in Spanish instead of Latin. They are also learning the piano as part of their music and fine art education and I'm sure there will be other tweaks along the way.



We're taking it slow and steady because while we like to take on just one year at a time, it's still a marathon, not a sprint. 


Comments

Popular Posts