Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Read: George Washington by Ingri & Edgar Parin D'Aulaire

Writing: 3 Sentences from our list of sight words.
Will you play with me? 
I can run fast, you can too! 
We can jump up and down.

Nature Study: Just like in The Wheel on the School we have no birds in our front yard; How can we get birds to come into our yard like the children did for Shora?

Mara bundled up and played outside in the snow, happily throwing snow balls in the air. I bet she can't wait for Elinor to be old enough to go along with out there too!


Wheel on the School Chapter 12 & 13

Mathematics: Play Four Guesses. Rules: I pick a number between 1-10 and Mara has 4 "guesses" based on a clue I give her after each guess. (Number is Higher or Lower than) **This is a very popular game and easy to play in the car.

Knitting

Thrift shopping today and found a huge selection of wonderful books to add to our collection! Best three? Anno's Journey by Mitsumasa Anno (15 cents!), a beautifully illustrated picture book (I am going to have to check out his other books.)  In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak (25 cents) and The House that Jack Built(50 cents), A picture book in two languages by Antonio Frasconi, the illustrations are wood block cut!

I almost forgot: Tuesday evening I asked Mara to take a moment to straighten up her room. What I received was a few grumbles until I said, "Well, how much can you clean up by the time I count to 50?" She happily listened to me s-l-o-w-l-y count while SHE cleaned her room :) I will probably use this method again to nudge her into cleaning her room... maybe next time she can listen to me count to 100, counting by two's of course. (Sneaky numbers!)

Comments

Popular Posts