1. At the Last Supper, what did Jesus say that the bread represented?
Jesus said that the bread represented His body.
2. In Matthew 26:36, where did Jesus and His disciples go?
Jesus and His disciples went to Gethsemane.
3. What did Jesus say in His prayer in Matthew 26:39?
My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not
as I will, but as thou wilt.
4. What did the disciples do while Jesus prayed?
The disciples went to sleep while Jesus prayed.
5. Jesus said. “The spirit is willing but the flesh is_____________.”
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.
6. Who betrayed Jesus?
Judas betrayed Jesus.
7. How did he betray Jesus?
He gave a sign; by kissing Jesus, he would give away who Jesus was.
8. Who was the governor that Jesus was delivered to?
The governor was Pontius Pilate.
9. Jesus was said to have been the “King of _____________.”
King of Jews.
10. What did the soldiers place on Jesus’ head?
The soldiers placed a crown of thorns on His head.
11. What color clothing did the soldiers place on Jesus? Why?
The soldiers put a scarlet-colored robe on him. They chose the color of
royalty to mock Jesus, just as they fashioned a crown to mock him.
12. While on the cross, Jesus said, “Father, forgive them; for
Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
13. In Luke 23:41-43, what did Jesus say to the thief hanging next to him? Why
would he say that?
“Verily I say unto thee, today shalt thou be with me in paradise.” The
thief believed that Jesus is the Son of God.
14. Why was it so important that Jesus’ body be taken off of the cross and
buried by sundown?
It was important because the Sabbath began that night at sundown.
15. What was blocking the door of the tomb?
A large stone (much too large for any one person to move) was blocking
the entrance to the tomb.
16. Why did Pilate send someone to guard the tomb?
Pilate was afraid that Jesus’ disciples were going to try to steal His body,
to make it look as though he had been resurrected.
17. After the Sabbath, who came to the tomb and found it empty?
Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were the two that came and found
the empty tomb.
18. What did the angel say to them?
Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not
here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and,
behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I
have told you.
19. What were the soldiers paid to say about Jesus’ body? Why?
The soldiers were paid large amounts of money to say that Jesus’ body
had been stolen, because this would discredit the women that were
telling of the angel, and that Jesus had risen from the dead.
20. After his resurrection, what did Jesus tell His disciples to do?
All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and
teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the
Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things
whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even
unto the end of the world. Amen.
These are from The Homeschool Magazine