Preschool Objectives

Elinor is turning 2 this year. The following list is where my main focus will be with her activities. I plan to use a felt/flannelboard to tell stories from Alpha Stories on a weekly/biweekly basis. I have decided to start with the letters of Elinor's name, then move on to the rest of the vowels and consonants of her sister's names. We should be able to cover at least half the alphabet this year. I will also be using many of the activities in Alphabet Arts and a couple other Preschool activities books I have stored away during our time designated for Reading/Writing.

I have many activity bags put together for her to work in Counting, Colors, Shapes and our other topics. Using stations and a well-organized drawer system, my hope is that I am able to show Elinor how to use many of these activities independently. I hope this to be an extremely exciting and fun year for all of us.

Counting
  •  Count to 5
Colors/Shapes
  • Identify Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple
  • Identify Squares, Circles, Triangles, Rectangles, Stars
Reading/Writing/Comprehension
  • Recite the ABC song
  • Identify and know sounds to each letter in her name
  • Counter-clockwise circles 
  • Be able to listen quietly through story/storyboard time 
  • String 3-4 words together to form thoughts
Other topics to include this year:
  • Feelings/Emotions
  • Sensory
  • Gross/Fine Motor
  • Imaginative Play
  • Weather 






Comments

Popular Posts