Not school supplies, travel supplies.

    As I prepare our family for our next round abroad (we leave on the 9th), I can't help but to think about the fact that we are traveling with an extra person this time. With each passing day I find myself a little more anxious about a thirteen-plus hour travel time with a toddler. I know what a ten-hour car ride does to my smallest, who will be celebrating her first birthday in a little over a week, but at least in a car I don't have to deal with dirty looks from perfect strangers, a wiggling one-year old on my lap and we can make as many stops as we need to get to where ever it is we are going.

    To calm myself a little, Momma's bringing a bag of tricks. Inside my bag are eight-little gift-wrapped presents for each of the girls to have as back-up to unwrap one every so often. Now, I know Mara will be  just fine on the trip, she's a well-seasoned traveling pro. Elinor on the other hand... well let's just say I need two hands ;)  But I couldn't very well have a bag full of gifts for just one of them, could I?? 

    What exactly is in my bag? 
    In Mara's arsenal I have: a brand new pack of 20-markers, a pack of 10-colored pencils, a pencil sharpener with an eraser, an activity/coloring book, a set of 2-make your own crown set(no glue needed), 2-sets of 8-3D animal and bug puzzles, fun colored silly putty, a transformer car, and animal crackers.
    In Elinor's arsenal I've picked out: beads and pipe cleaners, 2-lift-a-flap books, a cardboard book about traveling, glow stick bracelets, a transformer car, silly putty, little plastic dinosaurs and frogs, animal crackers and I might run out to buy a new colorful and spill-proof sippy-cup.

    We are traveling British Airways. I know they give activity sets to young flyers so we have that to look forward to as well, not to mention the socks and toothbrushes... and free cocktails and wine for the adults :) I love British Air.

    I am not looking forward to packing extra weight as carry-on, however if we all make it there happy and in one piece then I think it will be well worth it.


Comments

Popular Posts