Week 4: September 12 - 16

This week we must start our week with a trip to the library. Last week the library hours were all wonky because of Labor Day and the remodeling happening at our local library caused them to be closed an 3 days last week. When I finally made it to the library to return the books and CD's we'd previously borrowed, I had forgotten to return Audio CD 1 of Five Little Peppers and How they Grew. So to avoid any late fines, we must go tomorrow. How I dislike deviating from our schedule...

Preschool: The letter I

Reading: Storyboard time, I stories from the library
Writing: I coloring page, other coloring pages
Mathematics: Counting, Manipulative counting placemat to 3
(Lunch)
(Nap)
Art/Music: Playdough, I craft, I song

2nd Grade:
Spelling: Lesson 3
Grammar: Lesson 6
Reading: 15 minutes of Mara read aloud, 15 minutes of quiet reading Despereaux.
Writing: Go through problem areas for practice. Check and correct.
Latin: Chapter 15
Mathematics: Unit 2 - 2.8 Demonstrate the types of problems in this Unit. Workbook pages are for Independent work. Check and correct.
(Lunch)
Science: Tuesday- leaf and bark rubbings, then Mara to do sillouhette paintings of trees in 12 brush strokes to show the typical shapes of different trees.
Thursday- collect seeds, then open them! Read Johnny Appleseed
History/Geography: 9th century Europe/Mapwork: France, Spain, Germany
Art/Music: make a longboat out of cardboard scraps and paint.

Library:
English songs for children
Timeline of the Middle Ages
Viking
9 & 10th century England
Charlemagne
Alfred

"I" books: igloo, ice cream, insects, ice, iris, iguana, island, ink, Italy,
"N" books: nurse, nest, notebook, nose, neck, necklace, nice, nickel, nut

Comments

Popular Posts